What's your focus?
Making sense of mindfulness
Hands on Neurons
Meet Janet Etty-Leal
Janet is a pioneer in the field of creative Mindful Education. She specializes in bringing Mindfulness to life: with meaningful, engaging programs instilled with holistic, creative pedagogy. Her aim is to make Mindful learning fun!
Meditation Capsules programs are based on over 15 years’ experience working with children from 3-18 years of age, and informed by current neuroscience and leading educational visionaries, including Professor Martin Seligman, Dr Rick Hansen and Dr Norman Doidge.
Meditation Capsules programs have been researched and endorsed by Masters and PhD candidates at Monash University, along with RMIT and Universities in S.A., N.S.W. and W.A.
Janet works with early learning centres as well as primary and secondary schools to build tailored mindfulness programs
The Personal and Social Capability components of the revised Victorian Essential Learning Standard emphasise the need for students to manage emotions, feelings and moods. The ability to do so creates autonomy and success is enhanced at school, work and life. Mindful Meditation creates a framework for children to develop these skills
Janet’s courses are structured sequentially to develop the general tenets of self-awareness and culminate in specific practices to enhance subtle focus skills.
- Identifying the difference between relaxation and meditation
- Getting to know the body: Posture, Breathing, Nervous System
- Getting to know the brain: Neo-cortex and Limbic System
- Understanding the concepts of personal balance and energy management
- Stress Awareness: Personal Triggers and Responses
- Awareness of Words and their emotional links
- Awareness of the Senses: Developing Self Awareness
- Creative Approaches to Meditation: Visualisation and Imagery
- Stillness Meditation: Deepening Concentration
These can be tailored to suit large presentations or individual class sessions.
Key Focus Areas:
- Physiological Mindfulness: posture, hydration, exercise, diet
- Understanding brain functioning
- Fostering growth mindsets
- Refining personal perspectives
- Developing calming and focusing skills
- Enhancing memory and visualisation
- Building Emotional and Social Intelligence
Professional Development for Teachers
Sessions ranging from 90 minutes, to half day or full day presentations are designed to contribute to Professional Development Programs. All courses offer an introduction to understanding and applying Mindfulness, including basic physiology and neuroscience. Further content can be tailored to suit specific requirements.
Mindfulness Programs for Staff Include:
- Creating harmony and co-operation in the classroom
- Strategies for energy management
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Ways to integrate Mindfulness into the curriculum and school life
She works directly with children to explore creative ways to guide self-discovery and build a personal Mindful Tool Kit.
She also mentors teachers who wish to deliver Mindfulness programs to schools and children. Support is provided to develop personal practice, define goals, design content for classes and Workshops, and build confidence in delivering programs